With the cost of living steadily climbing, many Americans find themselves occasionally—or frequently—strapped for cash. Below is a list of some easy money making ideas that can help ease the pain of rising inflation.
- Donate blood plasma. If you are in reasonable health, you may qualify as a blood donor. The pay varies, but average compensation is between $20 and $50 per donation. Individuals can give blood twice a week. The procedure involves taking your blood, separating the plasma, and returning the red blood cells to your body.
- Donate sperm. In the premiere episode of The Big Bang Theory, Leonard and Sheldon offer to provide a sperm bank with samples of their semen. Sadly, they chicken out and forfeit their chance to earn some serious bucks. With the demand for sperm donors, TV’s top geniuses could rake in an extra $1,500 a month from the right organization! The donor screening process is pretty lengthy and may require a long-term commitment to the sperm bank. (It’s almost like taking on a new job.)
- Become a clinical research volunteer. It sounds harsh, but this boils down to being a human guinea pig. New drugs and therapies are constantly undergoing clinical trials, and researchers need test subjects. More involved studies requiring overnight stays in a medical facility can pay participants four-figure sums!
The downside of participating in medical experimentation is that you may experience negative side effects from the medication you are given. If you are on the placebo group, you won’t have those, but you won’t notice any benefits, either. However, with the cost of health care, look on the bright side: You get to see a doctor don’t have to shell out a co-pay.
- Babysit. This easy money making idea is an oldie but a goodie. Even the most devoted parents need a date night from time to time, but who’s going to look after the kids? People working more than one job may also need someone to take care of little Bobby and Cindy until they get home. One way for you to earn some extra cash is to mind their rugrats for a few hours. Reliable babysitters can earn between $10 and $15 an hour depending on where they live.
The same principle applies to being a pet sitter or house sitter. When people go away for just a weekend or an extended vacation, they can’t always take their fur babies with them. So, they need someone to feed their dog, cat, or fish and keep any eye on the house. Plants need to be watered, grass may need to be mowed, and giving the place an appearance of still being lived in can ward off potential burglars. House sitters can charge $25 to $30 for a few hours a day or $50 if their services are needed overnight.
- Sell items on eBay. Remember that collection of Star Wars action figures in your attic or collector’s edition beverage glasses from Burger King? Do they have too much sentimental value for you to part with them? If not, you can turn those plastic toys into cold, hard cash by auctioning them off through eBay. A single action figure can fetch $80 or more. Your asking price should be determined by the rarity and condition of the item. Unopened and never used figures are worth more than ones without their original packaging.
- Browse the Goodwill Store. If you are a savvy shopper, you may snatch up some incredible bargains at the Goodwill Store. The goal is to find items surrendered by individuals who were obviously not aware of their true value. For example, if you know a thing or two about musical instruments, you may come across a snare drum or a guitar donated by a former garage band member who invested a lot of money in equipment but gave up on becoming a rock star. With a keen eye for high-quality items, you can pay pennies on the dollar before turning a hefty profit at a shop that knows their real value.
Though the Great Recession is officially over, the Great Inflation marches on. These ideas can help you at least keep up.
Many people have had the same thought occur to them at some point while they were at work: “Why am I working to make someone else rich?” It is something that doesn’t always have an easy answer. Professionals and Tradesmen, alike, often come across this thought. Some of those that can’t answer the question easily will eventually get tired of finding no good reason, and go into business for themselves. Even if you are not a highly trained professional, you don’t have to settle for selling your life an hour or a week at a time. Let’s explore some small business ideas that you could implement for getting started in your own small business.
Look to your Strengths
Think about what you are good at doing. If you either have talent or skill in any area, you can probably find a way to make that work for you as a small business. You could start your own accounting business if that’s where your strength is or a carpentry business if you are strong there. Many of the skills that you use on your job can be used to make your money directly, rather than through an employer. Know what you are good at, and know your limitations.
Accept your Limitations
If you are great at plumbing, but you are not good at keeping records or books, then you need to know that before you strikeout on your own. If there are parts of a business which you will not be able to do, then you need to be willing to take on the help you need for a successful business. There is more to a business than the work that you do, so make sure that your small business ideas include procuring any help you might need.
Not all small businesses have a Storefront
If your skills lie in an area that doesn’t necessarily need a physical address, don’t be afraid to use the internet as your marketplace. Writers, graphic artists, coders, and photographers are just a few of the specialties that don’t need a place from which to work. If you can skip the overhead of leasing a physical address, then don’t be afraid to do so. The marketplace for the 21st century is largely intangible, floating around out on that cloud you hear so much about.
If you can market your goods or services online, then go for it. If you make jewelry, you don’t necessarily need a store from which to sell it. You can adopt that frame of mind for almost any business venture. Even if you are going to open a small business with a storefront, you will want to have an online presence. Remember the age in which you live, and that you would be neglecting your small business if you don’t have at least a token website. People tend to research anything they plan to buy, anymore. They also tend to look at who is selling the product. You want to remain accessible to potential customers down the street, as well as form the next town or state over. Your small business ideas should be open to maintaining a presence that goes beyond line of sight.
Not all businesses work completely online. A baker isn’t going to necessarily be shipping long distances, so they are an example of a small business that can’t get away from having a storefront. There are plenty of small business ideas that will need to include a physical location. When having a place to do business is inescapable, just remember to keep an online presence, as well. Find a space that will meet your logistical needs while remaining inside your budget, and remember the costs of creating and maintaining a website. Your lease and your website together go toward operating expense.
Much to do
Small business ideas are things that everyone has from time to time. Try to keep these factors in mind as you think about transforming your small business ideas into a small business. If you keep a realistic picture of what you will need and what you can do, you are ready to start looking at what you will need to do to get started with your small business.
You’re Ready to Enter (or Re-Enter) the Workplace
If you’re in a situation where you’ve either been out of work due to a layoff or cut, need a part-time job to supplement your income because in order to keep your job you’ve had to take a pay cut, are a stay at home mom who is now ready to enter the workforce, or a recent high school or college graduate ready to take your place in the workplace, it helps to have a launch pad or starting place in which to begin your search. While the job market an economy is in a state of flux, there are still jobs to be had, you may just have to start lower or slower in terms of the pay scale or position. But it is work, and with perseverance and determination, you could find yourself gainfully employed sooner rather than later.
Where to Start
At first, plunging into the job market for a job suited to your skillset may liken to the old saying “looking for a needle in a haystack.” However, while the age of technology has closed the door and added to some position eliminations, it has also opened a window of opportunity that would not have been possible without the likes of Steve Jobs or Bill Gates (two innovative, out of the box perseveres) You just have to know who you are and where to look.
Know Your Skill Set
If you don’t know who you are or what you have to offer a company, they won’t know either. First, define your skill set. If you have a degree in a specific area, focus on that first. Some of the hottest markets today are in nursing and the medical field. And the variants on these jobs are many. You don’t have to be an MD or an RN in order to obtain work. There are administrative jobs as well as other jobs within this industry.
The Internet is the New “Want Ad”
If the medical industry isn’t a good fit, there are other general employment opportunities to be had that are literally just a click away. The internet is the new “want ad.” Use your favorite search engine to google sites that are job opportunity oriented such as indeed.com. You will find a listing of hundreds of jobs of which you can apply for online, from administrative and sales jobs to customer service, in home care, and other miscellaneous work, both full time and part time. (One key factor is job certain your resume is both accurate and current.) To increase your chances, once you’ve submitted your resume, follow up with both an email and a phone call. Remember, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Temp Agencies Can Lead to Permanent Positions
Another avenue you can try is the traditional temp agency. There are many national agencies that place people on a daily basis. Again, have your resume ready. If you prefer a more traditional approach, schedule an in person interview, or, many of these agencies also offer online applications. One of the best things about working for a temp agencies is it can often lead to full time employment.
Patience, Persistence, Perseverance
If you’re ready and willing to work, and understand that you may have to start with the basics and work your way up the ladder, then there is a job waiting for you. Just remember the three P’s of professionalism: patience, persistence and perseverance.
Now YouTube can be used as a money making website, stretching the extent of YouTube, one can use it for his benefit.
Why it is imperative:
In this continuously price rising society, it is not enough to have just one job. So it is needed to find alternate means to gain money and be able to gather as much as possible. To earn money, one needs work hard. But what would it be like to work once and get paid for that work further on? Yes, it would be great. Now, YouTube offers the opportunity to earn money by showing unique and interesting videos the YouTube watchers. This money earning process does not need hard work and this can be done sitting in the luxury of a home. Regular internet surfers are aware of the money earning process on YouTube. It is very easy to learn how to make money on YouTube.
Earning on YouTube:
World’s most famous video blogging site is YouTube. Now, to learn how to make money on YouTube, one must have an account on the website. Now the person or the user has to upload unique videos, devoid of any copyrighted materials and make it available to watch for the public through one’s own channel attached to his account and distinguished by different unique keywords. Then the first most important way is to engage public to watch the uploaded videos and to secure that, the videos should be engaging and attractive with resolution and low duration. This way the people prefer to watch the videos. The next step is to monetize the video, by allowing YouTube to place ads in the video and the more the video is watched, the more one gets paid. Now, to get paid, one must activate Google AdSense by opening an account there. This enables the person to receive the money and this requires a PayPal or a bank account wit valid email address and the person must be an adult.
So, now one knows how to make money on YouTube, the earning of some extra money is just a few clicks away.
This is a difficult decade for everyone who is self dependent. Everyone needs money and there is not enough ways to make money available to all the people in the world. So, earning smallest amount is very hard and the way the society is growing, it becoming very hard to cope with when the matter comes to the question of money. Money is the most essential thing that can be considered as the driver of this society. Money guarantees everything possible to imagine. This is the thing that places some people to the highest rank of society where ass the lack of money places any man in the dire distress of living.
The necessity of this:
Extra earning is the luxury everyone needs. Money is welcome in every form it comes and the quantity does not matter. Extra earning is most welcome to the students who has to take care of study and cannot afford a regular job. So, the fact has come to the freelancing job or the job for part timers. In this generating generation, the intelligence level is getting higher due to the advanced studies. The larger part of the people in this world knows computer and can operate it in expert way. So, the increasing number of internet surfers has crowded the canvas of web and it is growing very rapidly. The internet literate people are using many social networking sites to earn, no matter how little. This has enabled them the flexibility to be in comfort of home while working. This internet earning has placed the students to get paid for the work he does in his spare time which covers his extra expenses. To talk about using social media to earn, one must use YouTube. This world famous number one video blog site can be used to make money very easily. But for that, one needs to know how to make money on YouTube.
The techniques to earn money on YouTube:
Now the question that comes to mind at first is how to make money on YouTube? Well, answer to that, there are certain steps to understand and regulate to successfully make money on YouTube. The steps are-
One must need a YouTube account. This account is simple to open and resembles any mail account. If one has an account, then that account is sufficient to make the needs meet.
There are individual channels attached to each account. These channels show the videos uploaded by someone. So it is imperative to set some unique keywords by which the channel can be found out by another persons.
The next step is to upload a video. There are some facts to upload a video:
- The videos should be short.
- The videos should be interesting.
- They should be in high resolution and high quality.
- They should contain content to attract watchers.
- They should not contain copyrighted elements
After uploading the video, the next step is to monetize the video. The term denotes the fact that one is granting permission to YouTube to place ads in the video. This act is called monetization. There are two steps to monetize the video:
- While the video is uploading, clicking on the monetization tab and checking the box “Monetize with ads”.
- After the video has been uploaded, one needs to open the video manager and the click on the “$” sign and the checking the box “Monetize with ads”
Then one needs to open an account in Google AdSense to get the money delivered. In this case, the person must be 18 years of age or more with a PayPal or bank accounts.
Now that one knows how to make money on YouTube, he can successfully earn money on YouTube to cover the extra expenses.
Money, the first and last word of the present age is also the hardest thing to find or gather. Gathering money is the only thought that haunts the minds of the people of this generation. But between thinking of something and ultimately execute it, lies a great hiatus. To leap over this gap is the toughest feat to achieve. Then one needs to formulate a plan that is simple and decent. Having only one job does not suffice to the demands of the price of essential commodities. Then one must be in constant look out for how to make extra money.
Internet is here to help and happily:
To find a guaranteed best way to make money is hard enough. Now there are multitudinous options to earn and gather money. One of the options is earning money using internet. To earn money using internet is both hard and easy. Hard for them who do not have the adequate knowledge of internet and easy for them who are the computer wizards. The rapidly evolving social networking sites are becoming a useful way to make money. These sites are great for the part timers and the freelancers who are in need of some extra money to spend. And the main advantage of this is that one can work from home and not is an office.
In the field of social networking site, YouTube is well known. YouTube is a global video blogging site and the most famous one also. There are some stages that one needs to know how to make money on YouTube. The uploaded videos, by an individual can be made into use to make some additional money. Money, no matter in how large or small amount is earned, serves any purpose.
The stages to acquire money from YouTube:
- The first stage one needs to complete is to create an account on YouTube. The YouTube account is the same as the Google or Gmail account and it is as simple to open. If someone already has an account, then that former account suffices for the needs.
- The main aspect of YouTube is that each and every user is served with a channel that needs to be tagged with keywords of the user’s choosing. The keywords should be relative to the contents and easy to remember and find.
- The contents which the user chooses to upload in his channel should be of high quality and short duration. That way the viewers will be interested to watch them.
- To make people watch the videos is the only way to success. There is no other option to engage people to watch the uploaded contents. The contents should be interesting and captivating and they should have the power to attract people.
- The next step is monetization. This is the most important stage. This stage offers YouTube the permission to place ads in the videos one uploads. There should be no copyrighted materials in the video. This is simple task. To monetize the video, one just needs to check “Monetize with ads” box under the Monetization tab.
- One may setup Google AdSense by creating an account on Google AdSense. One must be over 18+ age to do this. This also needs a PayPal or a bank account to get the money.
- One need to check analytics regularly to keep track of what is happening to the video and the performance of the same.
After the successful monetization and having a large amount of views, one can gain entrance to the elite sector of partners of YouTube and this will grant many more advantages.